Do you often skip breakfast because of your busy morning schedule? Answer by most of you will be yes and it’s because of our busy and hectic schedules. We don’t have spare time to prepare healthy nutritious breakfast, but do you know this can become the reason for your weight gain and larger waist size.
According to a recent study, 26.7% of people who skipped their breakfast were more obese as compared to 10.9% of those who had their breakfast every morning. Keeping your busy and hectic daily routine in mind we have listed 7 breakfast recipes that are healthy yet delicious and require less cooking time.
Recipe 1: Veggie Surprise Sandwich (cooking time: 5min)
- 2 brown bread slices
- Cucumber slices
- Capsicum slices
- Sprouts soaked overnight (increase immune system, purifies blood have fiber, protein, and minerals)
- Green coriander chutney
- Paneer cubes
- Take a non-stick pan put ½ tbsp. of butter and grill 2 slices of bread. Remove the breads when they are grilled after that grill 2 slices of paneer on the pan.
- Apply green chutney on the 2 slices of bread.
- Put overnight soaked sprouts on it.
- Put cucumber and capsicum slices.
- Put 2 slices of paneer (paneer is rich in calcium and iron which is good for bone development)
- Cover it with the other slice of bread and voila your delicious veggie surprise sandwich is ready for your breakfast table.
Recipe 2: Chatpati Cereal bhel (cooking time: 5min)
- Plain Cornflakes 1 cup
- Finely diced ½ cucumber, tomato, and onions
- ½ tbsp chat masala
- ½ red chilly powder
- sliced 1/2 lemon
- salt as per taste
- Take a bowl put cornflakes in it.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomato and onions in it
- Add ½ tbsp of red chilly powder, chat masala and a little bit of salt
- Squeeze half lemon and mix well all the ingredients
- Finally, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and your tasty cereal bhel is ready to eat.
Recipe 3: Cheela (cooking time: 5min)
Ingredients used :
- 1 cup besan
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp ajwain carom seeds
- ¼ finely chopped onion
- ¼ finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- ½ cup of water
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup besan(gram flour) in it
- Put ½ tbsp. of salt, turmeric, garam masala
- Put ½ tbsp. of carom seeds (ajwain)
- Put 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- Add finely chopped onion and bell pepper
- Add ½ cup of water till it becomes smooth flowing consistency in the batter, break lumps if any while mixing.
- Heat the pan on a low flame and grease it with 1 tbsp of oil
- Let pan become medium hot after that pour the batter on the pan.
- Gently spread the batter in a circular motion with the help of a spatula.
- Continue cooking the cheela till the base becomes light golden
- Flip and now cook the other side of cheela.
- Fold cheela and serve it plain with ketchup or chutney according to your choice.
Recipe 4: Coffee and Banana Smoothie (cooking time: 5 min)
- ½ low-fat yogurt
- ½ low-fat milk
- 1 banana (helps to lose weight and high energy )
- 1 Tbsp honey (helps for glowing skin, rich in antioxidants)
- 4 almonds,
- 2 Tbsp oats roasted ( helps with any digestive issue)
- ice cubes
- Take a blender jar
- Add 2 Tbsp of oats roasted
- Add sliced banana and honey
- Add low-fat yogurt and milk. blend all the ingredients and serve it in a glass
- Garnish it with almonds, berries or dry fruits of your choice.
- Your Tasty nutritious drink is ready to be served
Recipe 5: Oats Poha (cooking time: 5 mins)
- 2 cups of Oats
- 2 tbsp of oil
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp Haldi
- Salt as per taste
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tbsp Rai
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green chilly
- Mixed bell peppers
- 2 curry leaves
- Take 2 cups of oats and pour some water so that they become soft, not mushy.
- Add salt, ½ tbsp sugar, and Haldi (turmeric) as per taste
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp of oil heat it on a medium flame
- Put mustard seeds and curry leaves and wait until it crackles.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon
- Pour 2 tbsp of oil on the pan and heat it.
- Add onion till it becomes pinkish,
- Add green peas, peanuts and mixed bell pepper saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients properly on a medium flame and cover poha with a lid
- Now your mixed vegetable oats poha is ready to be served
RECIPE 6: Masala Omelet (cooking time: 5 mins)
- 3 eggs
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 green chilly
- ½ tbsp jeera
- ½ tbsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp of black pepper
- Add 1 tbsp of oil on the pan and heat it on a medium flame
- Saute the onions, tomato and add a pinch of salt
- Add cumin seeds, green chilly
- Add a pinch of garam masala in the end
- Stir it for 3-4 minutes
- Take a bowl and whisk 3 eggs nicely, Remember the more you whisk eggs the fluffier the omelet will be
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper in it
- Heat a pan then add 1 tbsp of oil and pour whisk egg and make an omelet
- Add prepared masala on the omelet and fold it from one side.
- Finally Garnish it with fresh green coriander and your masala omelet is ready to be served.
RECIPE 7: Daliya Cutlet (Cooking time: 5mins)
- Daliya 1 cup (wash and soak for 1 hour)
- ½ shredded cabbage
- ½ cup capsicum
- ½ cup carrot ( should be cut in small pieces)
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 green chilly
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ mango powder
- ¼ garam masala
- ¼ red chilly powder
- Shredded Cottage cheese (paneer) 50gm
- 1 boiled potato shredded
- 2 tbsp bhuna gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl then add 1 cup daliya in it, no water should be present in daliya if the water is still there then rinse it properly.
- Add cabbage, capsicum, carrot, ginger and green chilly
- Add black pepper, mango powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt as per taste.
- Mix Shredded Cottage cheese (paneer) 50gm and boiled potato
- Add 2 tbsp of bhuna gram flour to give binding
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Make round shape tikkis with soft hands
- Heat the pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it
- Put tikkis on it and fry until it becomes crispy and golden in color
- Flip the tikki on the other side and fry it as well
- Now the Crispy Daliya cutlet is ready and you can enjoy it with green chutney or ketchup.
We hope now you will never skip your breakfast because of the busy schedule. As these 5 minute quick and tasty breakfast recipes are there for your rescue!